Sunday, April 18, 2010

Reflective Essay : Entry Level

In reading and writing in English, I'm good at expressing myself with it. Reading is one of the things that I love to do. Writing using the English language is not one of my favorite things to do because sometimes, I'd rather talk than to write it down. There are also times when I prefer to read, speak and write using the English language than in Filipino. But, as much as I like English that much, I sometimes struggle with the meanings of the words that I read in books or in magazines. There are also times when I don't understand what the person I am talking to is saying because I'm not that familiar of the words that he or she is telling me. In writing, I struggle at the spelling of certain words. It's also hard for me, at times, to really express what I really feel and what I want to say because I don't know which words i should properly use when writing. I also have a hard time in phrasing the words that I say or write because I feel that the sentence that I would be saying or writing may be improperly phrased. My subject and verb agreement is not much of a problem. There are words that I sometimes have a hard time in changing its tense. The reasons may be because I don't know if that is how the word should be spelled in that certain tense. Punctuating sentences is sometimes my weakness. When writing, I feel like I'm saying or talking to the person reading what i have written, so my punctuations on the sentence/s may be as how i say it. I don't know if that is the proper way on how to write it or not. I expect that, from ENGLCOM, I'd learn more on how i could express myself in writing and learn how to do it the proper way. This is good because, there are times when I want not just to read a book, but to write as well.

I think the course will help me in developing my reading and writing skills. The course could teach me different techniques in helping me read and write more efficiently and effectively. Reading and writing properly is very important so i think this course would help me learn more about that. ENGLCOM could also help me realize the things or ways on how I read or write is properly done or not because I amy think that what I'm doing is correct, but in reality, it's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment